playMaker

Poll

tutorials for "PlayPrefs"

PlayerPrefs
3 (100%)
user data
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: Is there any Tutorials for "PlayerPrefs" action?  (Read 3328 times)

neowings

• Playmaker Newbie
Is there any Tutorials for "PlayerPrefs" action?
« on: April 02, 2013, 01:32:16 AM »
Hi I'm an one of game artists (from Korea) who is making mobile game using PlayMaker. Since I bought PM, I was surprised that I don't need programmers besides me. I really really thank you for making PM.

With using PlayMaker, I accomplished basic game, ( or it called alpha version,) and I have a trouble of creating and managing "user data" that save/load status.

here are what user data files management in the game:

1. stage selection
2. new user? (no stage clear)-> load "stage_1"
3. did user cleared stage [Num]? -> save status in user data
than game quit,

1) stage selection
2) did user cleared stage [Num]? -> Load "stage_"[Num]

I attached my brief game flow image of "user data system" so that you can understand my intention well.

The short tutorial of using "PlayerPrefs" posted in URL:
http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=344.0

But, I have no idea that where do I have to create "PlayerPrefs" options in the scene and connect between the user data file and the other scene files.

I'm very happy that if you guys guide me where I can find tutorials.
Thank you.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 01:52:22 AM by neowings »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Is there any Tutorials for "PlayerPrefs" action?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 02:34:40 AM »
Hi,

Thanks for your very clear posts and graph!

Basically, you are over thinking how player prefs works, it's a lot more simple than you want it to be :)

-- you don't have to define the storage keys before hand, you simply make it whatever you want when ever you want

Have you looked at the latest ArrayMaker samples? in there I have almost what you want to achieve :) a simple checkpoint system.

https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W715

check "CheckPoints" scene, and tell me if that make sense, else I will make a proper description of how it works.

bye,

Jean

neowings

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 11:14:44 AM »

-- you don't have to define the storage keys before hand, you simply make it whatever you want when ever you want

Have you looked at the latest ArrayMaker samples? in there I have almost what you want to achieve :) a simple checkpoint system.

https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W715

check "CheckPoints" scene, and tell me if that make sense, else I will make a proper description of how it works.

Hi

how fast reply it is, thank you.

I downloaded and looking around Array Maker as you suggested.
I think key points of this add-on program are "Array Lists" and "Hash Tables".

I don't know what they mean yet, so I will tell you after I study about the stuff. (As I am 3D modeling artist, I have lack of programming knowledge. :( ) Even the description said,

"ArrayLists and HashTables are defined as proxy components on GameObjects: They can be referenced within Fsm using a gameObject referemce, a string reference and the related custom actions."
I have to study them what they are.

By the way, I have a little tiny problem.

I saw a new top menu of "PlayMaker Add ons" but couldn't see sample from "Playmaker Samples" package. Do I have to download it again?

[Modified 1]
Ah, I think I found samples. Samples are :
- actions_tests
- concat
- DistanceSorting
- GamObjectPositioning
- wordMatch

Also found "CheckPoints". :)
I hope these samples are right for me. :)

« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 01:43:39 PM by neowings »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 01:56:45 AM »
Hi,

you need to get the official playmaker samples as well, arrayMaker samples make use of some of these assets.

bye,

Jean