playMaker

Author Topic: Creating buttons on trigger pop ups?  (Read 1806 times)

ryanavent

• Playmaker Newbie
Creating buttons on trigger pop ups?
« on: April 04, 2013, 06:06:46 AM »
ok iv been burnt once before, I purchased a thing called uscript that was meant to be easy unfortunately there is no info or lessons what so ever so I want to make sure that you can do this or that there are lessons for this before I buy playmaker.

this is what I am trying to do I have the joystick already so ignore that, I want two buttons that do different things.

A - to fire a missile (im sure there are loads for this so this one isn't that important)

B - is the player is inside a trigger of an object with a tag (tag1) then when the player clicks "B" to open a pop up on the screen (stats screen) that will display info about the object, pushing the button again will close the menu, it will also do this if player is inside a trigger of an object with a tag (tag2, tag3, tag4...ect) all these will have different stat screens

how would I go about using playmaker to do this bearing in mind im using an iphone so these are touch controls, would be nice if could also use keyboard for testing.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Creating buttons on trigger pop ups?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 04:28:54 AM »
Hi,

Sorry, I missed your post.

All of this is totally possible with playmaker, but it doesn't cover for learning Unity itself. PlayMaker, like Uscript only expose Unity ( and assets frameworks) in a visual way.

For example, the joystick control can be done using one script I did:

http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=1344.msg5665#msg5665

The rest is pretty much standard stuff for PlayMaker.

bye,

Jean