playMaker

Author Topic: Get Device Roll Angle result >> radians ?  (Read 3087 times)

giyomu

• 1.2 Beta
    • blog
Get Device Roll Angle result >> radians ?
« on: June 20, 2011, 02:22:27 AM »
Hi ,

did not know where to put that , so i put here.

I am using the Get Device roll action, and i was thinking it will get me back degree angle value , seem to be radians instead, if i look at the console debug for zAngle...if i convert this result to degree i get expected result of angle regarding how i tilt the phone..

so was radians, and in that case that's fine ( but would be cool to note that in tooltip :D ).

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Get Device Roll Angle result >> radians ?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 02:51:15 AM »
Hi,

That would be nice to make a custom action enabling you to choose the output unit ( rad or degrees), you would then obviously know the output unit right from the exposed interface.

also, a convertion custom action could be a more generic answer to this, like converting input from degree to rad or the opposite.

traveling now, will see if I can get that done when I settle ( and if no one came up with it before :) ).

Bye,

Jean

giyomu

• 1.2 Beta
    • blog
Re: Get Device Roll Angle result >> radians ?
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 08:22:03 PM »
Hi jean ,

thanks , well maybe i get a go with it a rad to deg and vice versa block seem a good idea , i already tweak teh GetRollDevice to get a deadZone and a multiplier directly in ( just because i was in need of this and did not want to add a separate action for it )

so maybe i will post that as combo today ;)

cheers,

guillaume