playMaker

Author Topic: Mouse Down reads 1 Object no matter were I click(Solved)  (Read 2476 times)

Saputo

Mouse Down reads 1 Object no matter were I click(Solved)
« on: April 08, 2013, 04:58:20 PM »
I have an In Game Menu made and when ever I click Title Save Load Options or Exit, it don't matter were I put the Objects it keeps reading and loading the Save Object no matter what. What can I do to fix this, they all have Colliders on them.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 05:32:50 PM by Saputo »

Saputo

Re: Mouse Down reads 1 Object no matter were I click
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 04:59:15 PM »
Last 2 pics can only have 4 attachments a post.

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 05:29:17 PM »
When you create an FSM the start state is run first, if there is no exit then it will idle there. Basically your Save button is idling until the player left clicks. You don't specify that you care what they are clicking, only that the mouse is clicked.

I would create a mouse over state and enter your [current] start state that idles for mouse input only during mouseover, and exits when the mouse is no longer over it.

Or, you could do things in reverse and store what the player clicks as a game object, then read that and perform the necessary item depending on what the stored gameobject changes to.
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

Saputo

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 05:32:39 PM »
I solved it by using GUI Button instead, i will look into learning the mouse over stuff, soon it sounds cleaner.