playMaker

Author Topic: Ultimate FPS Camera  (Read 4294 times)

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
Ultimate FPS Camera
« on: April 10, 2013, 08:51:16 PM »
This is a really great system, it already features a state manager, character motors, advanced camera controls and other things. I haven't delved deeply into it but even if you just glance through the demo scenes you'll see the value in having playmaker reach into this.

It would be very nice to access these scripts from the playmaker editor through a set of actions.

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/126886-Ultimate-FPS-Camera-RELEASED

The Unity forum thread is currently 68 pages long.
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

escpodgames

• Assets
Re: Ultimate FPS Camera
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 12:58:07 AM »
I wish forums had like options - this camera system does look very cool. "LIKES"

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 02:17:27 AM »
Hi,

bascially, it's possible to make a port to this ultimate fps camera. Have you already purchased it? it seems to offer already a lot of premade functionnality, maybe you don't even need custom action to get it up and runnning.

bye,

Jean

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 08:30:33 AM »
I do own it, I'll dig into it over the weekend and make a more specific list of action requests on things that he doesn't provide easy access to. I'm mostly just worried about being able to get direct access to the weapon selector and things without messing with code.

His latest patch has a lot more front end functionality it appears while his original version (that I did mess with much more) was just easy-access scripts you could modify.
Products by Cleverous

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 02:28:06 AM »
Hi,

Ok, keep us updated on your findings, I am at the moment focusing on Mecanim and NGUI, once that is done, I think I can tackle this. I will contact the author to see if I can get a version to work with it.

bye,

Jean

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 08:40:01 AM »
There is a good bit of premade scripts for this kit to make a really excellent fps system and it is flexible enough to get what you want by simply adjusting numbers for the most part. Basically you have his scripts and you add them to new states but as far as creating new content you have to manually manipulate the script or make your own. His state management is an injection to the player/camera of a lot of variables so you can mostly adjust everything without major scripting, but you'll have to do a whole lot of digging and experimenting to get it the way you want.

It would be handy to have an action execute the states on his controller so you don't have to script it manually so you could better integrate it into your own FSMs with playmaker.

The weapon selection system is all scripted and so far I just made another layer of his controls. Alpha 1 - 9 changes weapons so I just disabled his firing mechanism and layered an FSM to manage firing controls that are changed when the buttons are pressed.. It's totally a hack. It would be much better to be able to either get information/states out of his scripts via actions and figure out what state it is in so your FSM's can react accordingly. Or just take control with playmaker by converting his scripts into segmented actions so you can better control the system with the playmaker editor.

That's as far as I really got. There is more to figure out but I haven't got into how the rest works yet. I think for my purposes there is no rush as I'm just hacking around it as is but there is certainly a lot of potential for integrating into playmaker because he is already trying to build a friendlier UI/front end to make things more accessible and it is basically an FSM with states anyway.
Products by Cleverous