playMaker

Author Topic: Camera Blur Trigger Event  (Read 3178 times)

fromfame

• Junior Playmaker
  • Sloppy PM Veteran
Camera Blur Trigger Event
« on: April 15, 2013, 09:59:21 AM »
Hey, i've got a pond in my scene and im trying to have my FPC's camera to blur out when under it.

By far i've got a "Trigger Event" action set up on one state, but i can't find out what action on the other state i should use to add blur to the camera (how do i get image effects to pop in actions?)

if i understand how this works it'll open a lot of doors for me to explore:)

thanks!

Mayhem

Re: Camera Blur Trigger Event
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 10:04:43 AM »
There is a Camera Blur Script in the ImageEffects Folder BUT this is only for Unity Pro! If you just have Unity Free/Indie, you won't have the chance to realise it in an easy way. As far as i know you have to accomplish Blur with Render-To-Texture features, and this features demands UnityPro.

Maybe there is another way to accomplish that. Some custom shaders or something like that.

fromfame

• Junior Playmaker
  • Sloppy PM Veteran
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 10:26:55 AM »
No worries i've got pro, thats awesome!
i can see how it makes sense although for some reason it isn't working, what do you think is going on?

Mayhem

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 10:56:52 AM »
What do you mean exactly by it isn't working? The AddScript-Action isn't executed or something else?

I don't have Unity Pro so i can't really tell, but i think you have to set the Settings of the Script. According to this:
http://docs.unity3d.com/Documentation/Components/script-BlurEffect.html

There are two Properties one can set.
I would access them with the SetProperty-Action after adding the Script.