playMaker

Author Topic: animating material color? [RESOLVED]  (Read 2997 times)

KozTheBoss

• You dont fail unless you give up trying to succeed
    • Pixel Life - portfolio
animating material color? [RESOLVED]
« on: April 17, 2013, 03:39:09 AM »
Hey guys, yet another question i fell into while working on my graduation project

I have a diablo-style top down dungeon crawler, and when loot drops, i have a shiny effect attached to them so they are easy to see, HOWEVER

I also want there to be loot other than weapons and armor that the enemies DONT DROP (they are in the environment from game start) like potions lying on the tables, scrolls on the ground etc, and these should not have the same shiny effect as weapons and armor (because they are not as "attractive" and it would remove the epicness of when you see a weapon drop with the effect)

I still need these potions, scrolls etc to stand out of the environment so they are easy to spot, and i wondered if there would be any way to animate their material color between white (normal look) and bright red so it would look like the items were blinking red

Is this doable?

Love,

Fred

TLDR: Is it possible to animate material color between white and red to make a "blinking" effect on an item?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 08:55:36 AM by KozTheBoss »
Remember, you don't fail unless you give up trying to succeed!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: animating material color?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 02:12:53 AM »
Hi,

of course. One way I am thinking right now would be to use hotween set of actions cause I made actions that can tween fsmvars, so simply tween a color var to whatever and inject that back into your material.

http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=2299.msg10104#msg10104

you know how to set a material color right?

bye,

Jean

KozTheBoss

• You dont fail unless you give up trying to succeed
    • Pixel Life - portfolio
Re: animating material color?
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 06:55:31 AM »
yeah i do :) thanks yet again man, i will take a look at this!
Remember, you don't fail unless you give up trying to succeed!