playMaker

Author Topic: Mecanim Package Installation  (Read 2221 times)

SteveB

• Playmaker Newbie
Mecanim Package Installation
« on: April 23, 2013, 02:40:08 PM »
Hey all, super quick, hopefully simple question...

...when importing PlayMakerAnimatorActions.unitypackage, and note this is not the Demo version, there are several scripts in there that don't specifically relate to the additional actions, such as /locomotion.cs and the various scripts from Unity's Mecanim demo tutorial. That's not a huge concern as I can simply ignore them (though it would be prudent to remove needless data if someone merely wants the Actions), there are two DLL's as well; one is PlayMaker.DLL and the other PlayMakerEditor.DLL.

Do I want to overwrite those DLL's when there's no guarantee the DLL's in this package are up-to-date with the DLL's in the latest PlayMaker?

Is there a reason why Mecanim support hasn't been made official if these prove to be safe to install?

Thanks guys!

-Steve

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Mecanim Package Installation
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 02:57:41 PM »
Hi,

that was my mistake, the playmaker dll should not ( never) be in a package, so you can safely ignore that, I have repackaged it.

Sorry for the confusion... that must have been one of those days...

bye,

Jean

SteveB

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Mecanim Package Installation
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 03:10:03 PM »
I'm well aware of your tireless work supporting the community for as long as you have, so out of anyone you definitely get a pass on the tiny stuff like this. :D

...and sure enough, your newer, cleaner .package installs without error, not to mention its a fraction of the size as the previous one!

Very cool thank you so much Jean!!

-Steve