playMaker

Author Topic: Possible Playmaker bug - clarification needed  (Read 1708 times)

richicon

• Playmaker Newbie
Possible Playmaker bug - clarification needed
« on: April 30, 2013, 06:08:33 PM »
Hi
it appears that the present version '1.5.7.f2' of play-maker sometimes has problems keeping locally accessed play-maker variables and their fsm version in sync.

this doesn't happen all the time.
when its working, this line

floatVariable.Value -= subtract.Value;

in FloatSubtract.cs
seems to immediately update the corresponding value in

this.base.fsm.variables.floatVariables

however when it isn't, the value in  'this.base.fsm.variables.floatVariables' remains unchanged.

this has the result that when I execute GetFsmFloat I just get the value that it was initialised with the the inspector.

This seems to be related to using templates in prefabs. It only seems to occur with a prefab when dragged unmodified into the scene. If I then edit an FSM in the instantiated object it starts to work properly, even if it isn't the FSM that has the issue. If I then apply to the prefab and then redrag into the scene it stops working.

I can't see the internals so I don't know if 'floatVariable' directly references the 'this.base.fsm.variables.floatVariables' and updates it in its 'set' property, or if its updated elsewhere so I'm not sure if this is actually a playmaker issue, or a unity one, but any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

thanks