playMaker

Author Topic: Camera Fade out and LoadLevel [Solved]  (Read 7867 times)

izzycoding

• Playmaker Newbie
Camera Fade out and LoadLevel [Solved]
« on: May 02, 2013, 04:04:39 AM »
Hey,

I am trying to get my scene to fade out then load a new level.

If I put the load level in the same state as the fade out my fade out does not seem to happen.

If I put the load level in a following state of its own and go from the fade out to the level loading state I get the problem that in the level loadstate the camera is 100% visible again.

What am I doing wrong?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 08:05:48 AM by izzycoding »

Mayhem

Re: Camera Fade out and LoadLevel
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 04:17:47 AM »
Of course the Camera in the next Scene is 100% visible :)

The Camera of the next scene isn't the same camera you used in the first scene.
So you have some options:

- use "Don't Destroy on Load" on your FadeOut-Camera
- attach a FSM to the Camera of the next Scene, where you put a Fade-In-Action in the Start-State

This should do it.

izzycoding

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Camera Fade out and LoadLevel
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 05:07:34 AM »
Thanks for quick reply,

I have already got an FSM with fade in on my next scene.

The problem is that in my first scene if I do a fade out and load level in a single state then the level loads before the fade out completes. But if I have the fade out and the level load in 2 states (of the same FSM) then when the transition from the fade out to the level load happens the camera is fully visible again for a short time while loading the level.

I hope this makes a bit more sense. I am new to playmaker and unity so I am sure I am doing something wrong somewhere.

Regards,

izzycoding

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Camera Fade out and LoadLevel [Solved]
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 08:07:27 AM »
Just so others know.

I put my fade out in one state and then in the next state I put a "Draw Fullscreen Color" action before the level load.

This now appears to work as expected.

TBrayner

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2014, 09:40:08 PM »
Just so others know.

I put my fade out in one state and then in the next state I put a "Draw Fullscreen Color" action before the level load.

This now appears to work as expected.

For me "draw full screen color" don't worked  :/, when I "load level", right before the next level appear, the previous level "flashes".

OneMadSquid

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2014, 11:47:11 AM »
For those who may come across this as I did today:

If you are fading your camera and loading the next level from within a sprite FSM and the scene you are fading from "flashes" back into view just before the next scene loads, I have a fix for you. I just solved this one on my own:

My problem was that I was trying to control the camera with an FSM inside the sprite that serves as my Splash Screen. Once I removed the fade out from the object's FSM and place it inside the camera my fade out from Splash Screen and fade in to Main Menu worked flawlessly. No more ugly "flash" between scenes.

;D