playMaker

Author Topic: Play Sound action not triggering  (Read 2645 times)

KozTheBoss

• You dont fail unless you give up trying to succeed
    • Pixel Life - portfolio
Play Sound action not triggering
« on: May 02, 2013, 07:45:11 AM »
So ive never had any issues with play sound before, but now i have a tutorial event for the player, where an ogre opens a door - the problem is that when the doors "open" state is called, it doesnt play the sound - it still does its "itween rotate" action to "open" the door, but the "play sound" action doesn't even highlight, its like it is not fired, and for the love of god i dont understand why - i have several other play sound events that work perfectly fine, and this one is just a copy of those but with another sound attached to it. I have tried moving the PLAY SOUND action to another game object (because i thought that maybe it doesnt play because there are too many sounds playing on that GO at the same time or something) and i have also tried changing the sound file to some other sound, but it still doesnt fire.

What can cause "play sound"actions to NOT fire? :S

The "camera position" bool is updated every frame, and works fine for all other sounds - these 2 actions are the only ones in the state
Remember, you don't fail unless you give up trying to succeed!

sebaslive

• Frame Tale Studios
Re: Play Sound action not triggering
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 01:25:22 PM »
Check to see if that sound has "3D sound" checked or not and if it is checked, uncheck it. The sound doesn't fire up green like all the other actions since it just does a one shot clip and not hitting every frame. Hopefully that's it!
All my VR games use Steam VR Playmaker Toolkit: http://u3d.as/u20
And Oculus Touch Playmaker Toolkit: http://u3d.as/QT5

Follow me @sebasRez

KozTheBoss

• You dont fail unless you give up trying to succeed
    • Pixel Life - portfolio
Re: Play Sound action not triggering
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 03:32:57 AM »
Hey man! Thanks for suggesting this - it pointed me to the sounds settings and i noticed that it has a format of "compressed ASDN" where the others are "Native WAV"

Will try to re-import this

Thanks again!
Remember, you don't fail unless you give up trying to succeed!