playMaker

Author Topic: Can I post a job here?  (Read 3131 times)

zombie_farm

• Playmaker Newbie
Can I post a job here?
« on: May 05, 2013, 01:52:41 AM »
 I want to make a social monitization script/FSM that would
 give away an app if someone posts my app to Facebook

If you can make this please reply with your info on this thread.

I would like to have a script that allows me to:
     -put a message in a Facebook post,  "This is a great bedtime story!!" (customizable by me)
     -add the link to itunes or Google Play in the post on FB
     -allows the user to download a free version of an app.

Im thinking the script would act something like:

FACEBOOK
 - I create a polygon in the scene
 - Add the script and texture to the polygon/button (it is now touchable)
 -insert the message post
 -insert the link to google Play or iTunes (this seems to pull in the info and display the icon in my test)
 -once that is done the user would then be allowed to download the app (Im assuming we would have to host that ourselves?

Red

Re: Can I post a job here?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 11:12:06 AM »
I'm not sure if it's allowed or not but afaik it's not forbidden to talk about job postings.

Though, for what you're needing, maybe try scouring the action request subforum? there might be some in-app actions already made for something like this.

Though, a tip, "catch-all" actions are very, very specific... so, maybe try and see if you can break it down into component steps? that's one thing that is very keen to learn when dealing with playmaker. it is far, far easier to use when you can break down the stuff you want it to do into small little steps (and you might be able to get done what you need by breaking it all down... though, i'm not an expert with in-app integration with social media... i'm more an arcade-style gamer.)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Can I post a job here?
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 02:07:14 AM »
Hi,

Posting jobs is fine, and actually I think it should get it's own section in this forum.

pm me, and we'll see what we can do. Basically, Red is right, the likely path to create your feature to to pick an existing framework that support FB communication and creates the custom actions to allow playmaker user to work with it, then your feature will be very easy to build.

Are you targeting mobile? I am not sure about how and where your app will be, so don't hesitate to share more details if you can, privatly or publicly.

bye,

Jean