playMaker

Author Topic: Welcome! Please introduce yourself!  (Read 165328 times)

Nils Anderssen

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Welcome! Please introduce yourself!
« Reply #90 on: June 03, 2014, 10:00:47 AM »
Hi,

My name is Nils Anderssen and are based in Norway. I am currently working on a game called The Frostrune (http://www.thefrostrune.com/ in Unity. Previously I have worked on several Nintendo DS, PC and PS3 titles. The one that is maybe the most known one outside Skandinavia is Snakeball for PS3.

This is my first game with Unity, so a lot of new things and workflows to get used to. Playmaker is awesome in that sense since it lets me create a lot of gameplay without relying on a programer.

Nice work :)

KahunaCoder

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #91 on: July 01, 2014, 12:38:30 AM »
Hi, my name is Rey and I've been developing games professionally and as a freelancer/hobbyist for about 15 years now.  I've recently started to develop with Unity only about a year ago.  I've become a big fan of Playmaker!  I wished I could have purchased this sooner!!!

I can't believe how easy it is to implement game object functionality with this tool.  I've basically re-written the basic game mechanics for my current game project with this tool, and I am floored with how little I've had to write code to achieve the same level of functionality.  I love working with FSMs and events and Playmaker gives me that ability.  Not only has it helped with keeping things clean, but the inclusion of a visual state manager is awesome!

Thanks again for the great tool!

TrentSterling

• Junior Playmaker
  • Someday I'll make games!
    • My Blog
« Reply #92 on: September 23, 2014, 12:33:39 PM »
I guess it's silly that I haven't posted here yet.

Long story short: I've been developing games since about 2010. Went from Flash to Unity to PlayMaker. It's been a pretty sweet ride so far.

Any games finished? Nope. How many projects started? More than I can remember.

I try to be helpful on the forums here whenever it's something I'm pretty sure I can help with. Sometimes I'm baffled by questions here and leave it up to the smart people  8)

magique

• Playmaker Newbie
    • Magique Productions, Ltd.
« Reply #93 on: October 29, 2014, 05:14:53 PM »
Hi. My name is Tommy. I'm the lead game designer/programmer for Magique Productions. I just purchased PlayMaker today for use in our 2 Wii U titles in development. We are making Voyage of the Sea Dragon, a pirate themed first person story/adventure/shooter game, and Super Fam, a 2D co-op multiplayer platformer super hero game. I am anxious to get started this week on integrating PlayMaker into Voyage of the Sea Dragon. I am anticipating rapid progress with this plugin.

HendrikB

• Playmaker Newbie
  • In love with Playmaker
« Reply #94 on: December 24, 2014, 04:45:39 AM »
Hi my name is Hendrik, and I'm an indie game developer based in England. I have been using Unity and PlayMaker now for a few weeks and am loving the rapid game development using PlayMaker. I initially started out just with Unity but I found it difficult to visualize what I was doing in the scene when sitting for long hours in Monodevelop. PlayMaker allows me to "see" what I am doing using states and actions, it really is a massive increase in performance.

I am currently working on a 2d platformer style game which will initially be targeted for Android release in 2015 and I have various projects planned for the future, including a hack-and-slash 2d rpg game with levelling up and inventory system and a 2d endless runner style game.

I look forward to using PlayMaker in my workflow and am glad to be part of such a helpful community. I hope to contribute once I have more experience with the tool  ;)

d2duplo

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #95 on: December 29, 2014, 01:00:28 PM »
Hi,

I'm Pedro from Portugal and I'm starting playing with Unity Indie and into the mobile game development.

I have several years of programming experience but I'm always open for new and more efficient ways to reach the final objective (publish a game).

Thanks.

paulgl

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #96 on: January 05, 2015, 05:16:57 PM »
Hi,

I'm Paul, from the UK.  I've recently started playing with Unity and Playmaker, mostly to see what I can do with it.  I have some coding experience, though not in games and not C#, and a particular interest in algorithmic problem solving.  I'm hoping that I can interest my wife in doing some artwork and we can make something together.

I'm currently putting together (yet another) Playmaker match-3 engine, since I think there's some interesting problems to solve and learn things from.

My 4 year old has come up with a game idea - it makes sense to her at least - and I'm looking forward to putting that together with her and introducing her to computer game making (I think it'll be a few years before she needs a Playmaker license).

autotan

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #97 on: January 15, 2015, 09:14:31 PM »
Hi

Im Ndroo. I'm a professional 3D Animator, who wants to create games. Playmaker has made it possible for me to do so, without having to worry about coding, making games itself is hard enough, adding the coding aspect along with it is just too much to handle, for now at least.

I've just finished my first game with Playmaker, after only learning it for 3 week, now working on my next game.

Looking forward to learning from everyone!

ishan22

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #98 on: January 22, 2015, 10:20:17 PM »
 :)

Arielle Shander

• Playmaker Newbie
    • Arielle Shander's Portfolio
« Reply #99 on: January 30, 2015, 02:28:58 AM »
Hi, fellow PlayMakers! My name is Arielle.

I graduated from college with a game design degree in 2012 and have been doing a bit of contract work for a local independent game company for a few years. I've been searching and applying for full-time positions that I feel I am qualified for, but there are few game design jobs that aren't at the senior level.

My major weakness is programming, so I have to be realistic about my expectations for my projects when I work alone. My strengths are content design, level design, and writing. Additionally, I've been complimented on my QA and research skills. My writing is very thorough!

In the past, I watched the official Unity tutorials, which used C#. I also tried studying Python and JavaScript via Codecademy, but I struggled when I got to the intermediate lessons. Eventually, I decided that it would be wiser to invest my time in improving my outdated portfolio with playable prototypes.

I dove back into Unity when I bought PlayMaker. I recently started watching some tutorials and am gradually grasping the logic of the FSM system. Thankfully, I do understand some basic programming concepts and definitions, such as booleans, floats, and integers. Of course, I'm going to need to keep studying in order to make something more substantial.

If anyone has any advice for me, I would greatly appreciate it! :)

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
« Reply #100 on: January 30, 2015, 10:17:27 AM »
Welcome! Feel free till all questions here :)
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

suppenhuhn

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #101 on: February 24, 2015, 04:14:24 AM »
Hi forum!

My name is robert from munich / bavaria. I'm using Playmaker since yesterday, and i'm one of the worst coders ever - so sorry in advance for all upcoming stupid questions  ::)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 04:16:07 AM by suppenhuhn »

Fahrettin

• Junior Playmaker
  • Noob
« Reply #102 on: February 24, 2015, 04:27:23 AM »
Hi forum!

My name is robert from munich / bavaria. I'm using Playmaker since yesterday, and i'm one of the worst coders ever - so sorry in advance for all upcoming stupid questions  ::)
Welcome Robert
Playmaker community is very nice for people like us. Dont worry and ask all of your questions :)

Nextruler

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #103 on: May 11, 2015, 04:26:30 PM »
Hey everyone!

Firstly it's good to see a community that is so friendly and helpful across the board, it makes me feel a lot better about being such a dreadful noob :).

My name is Ian and I have been playing with unity for about 6 months and Playmaker for a couple of days.

I have completed a few projects in unity that I am happy with but I wanted to try something bigger and more complicated which lead me to playmaker.

I am looking forward to getting to pick your brains and get to know you, thanks in advance for any answers for what are probably stupid questions.

Ian

Broken Stylus

• Beta Group
« Reply #104 on: June 24, 2015, 05:30:13 PM »
Hi everybody!

I'm from France. I discovered Playmaker recently and it's been a blast to use! It's extremely helpful!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 06:08:52 AM by Broken Stylus »