playMaker

Author Topic: NOOB Mouse Pick Event question  (Read 2051 times)

montymccune

• Playmaker Newbie
NOOB Mouse Pick Event question
« on: June 05, 2013, 10:06:25 AM »
Hey all- I just downloaded Playmaker yesterday and am already banging my head against the wall  >:(

Attached is a SS of what I'm attempting to do: I have a basic cube in my scene, and when I MouseUp on it, I want it to switch the cube color from BLUE to GREEN and then start over again - BLUE, GREEN, etc... I have a int variable that I increment to keep up with which color should come next as I click. THE PROBLEM I AM RUNNING INTO IS as soon as I click the cube for the first time, I get an error "LOOP COUNT CANNOT EXCEED MAXIMUM: 1000 Default is 1000". Ok, so I have an infinite loop and it seems as though the Idle/MouseClicked state is to blame. What I dont understand is why that state doesn't wait for ANOTHER MouseUp click event to start the cycle over again? Does this make sense to anybody? Am I mentally challenged? Possibly.

thanks to all smart people out there,
Monty

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
Re: NOOB Mouse Pick Event question
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 10:32:29 AM »
I'd have to see what the actions in those states are doing, its probably just something simple.

http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=3414.msg15637#msg15637

Study the scene in that thread and let me know if it resolves your issue. It allows you to click something and change the material.
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

montymccune

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: NOOB Mouse Pick Event question
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 10:07:04 AM »
Hey- I have seemed to resolve my problem by subscribing to a global MOUSEUP event as opposed to a local Mouse Pick event. My original problem is still very concerning to me however. If anyone can explain why a Local Mouse Pick: MouseUp event would continue to fire after the initial click, it would be very much appreciated!