playMaker

Author Topic: Controller doesn't move along Y axis using FSM  (Read 2314 times)

ryf9059

Controller doesn't move along Y axis using FSM
« on: June 02, 2013, 01:57:21 PM »
So I started playing around with the FSM watching the tutorial. I followed the instruction of getting Axis Vector and using Controllder Simple Move, the only differences is that I'm making a 2D game so I mapped to XY plain. But when I hit play and moving the player around, the player only moves horizontally but not vertically, I changed the mapping to XZ and it's working properly. One thing to noted is that in the inspector the vector does store the change in why, so why is this?

Seemed something is preventing the controller to move vertically. Gravity? I don't have rigidbody on the player but seemed it's subject to gravity, it will fall along the edge. Also I they try to set the multiplyer to a very large value but when use up key the player is not moving at all.

Why the controller doesn't move on Y axis? In the playermaker editor it showed no errors, I don't understand.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Controller doesn't move along Y axis using FSM
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 01:56:26 AM »
Hi,

Their may be a lot of different problems here:

If you are looking at the right GameObject, and the transform position values are not changing, you might have a scaling problem ( object very very small, happens when you import fbx not properly). If it moves visually, this is likely the case, OR you simply don't look at the right gameobject to begin with, happens to if your gameobject is a a child of the controlled gameObject.

your player is very much subject to gravity, that's why you can't move it vertically so easily, do you want to jump ? or actually move? I am not too sure what you are trying to achieve here.

bye,

Jean

ryf9059

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 07:52:52 AM »
Hi,

Their may be a lot of different problems here:

If you are looking at the right GameObject, and the transform position values are not changing, you might have a scaling problem ( object very very small, happens when you import fbx not properly). If it moves visually, this is likely the case, OR you simply don't look at the right gameobject to begin with, happens to if your gameobject is a a child of the controlled gameObject.

your player is very much subject to gravity, that's why you can't move it vertically so easily, do you want to jump ? or actually move? I am not too sure what you are trying to achieve here.

bye,

Jean

Hi Jean,

I'm not using looking at, I'm just using controller simple move. And the controller is not moving vertically.

I want to jump, not sure what's the differences between actually moving or jumping, but i can't get any of these to work. I try to move vertically first, even the values are very large (controller simple move on Y axis for 1000, for example).

So the controller is by default subject to gravity? Is there anyway to adjust the gravity or even disable it?

P.S. Also I noticed a werid problem: when using controller simple move on X axis, if player is selected in the hierachy, the background is scrollling very choppy, literally jumping back and forth. But if I select anything other than the player, it scrolls smoothly. I have no idea what caused this.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 08:18:58 AM by ryf9059 »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 02:06:02 AM »
Hi,

Have you studied the examples on the wiki?

https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W890

this is a platform jumper, and it has everything you need. You may want to compare your solution with this to see where you could edit your jump behavior.

bye,

Jean