playMaker

Author Topic: Forum upgrade  (Read 5853 times)

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Forum upgrade
« on: February 25, 2013, 01:48:53 PM »
So we recently upgraded the forums to simple machines version 2.0.4.

We lost some custom mods in the process, but we hope to restore everything soon!

If you know of any good smf mods that you'd like to see on the forum, please let us know!

For example, we've been looking for a good lightbox/image viewer that works well with large image attachments. We settled on Fancybox4, but I'm interested in hearing other experiences...

Any recommendations for:
  • Code syntax highlighting.
  • YouTube embedding.
  • Image viewing.
  • Anti-spam mods.

Thanks!
Alex

Red

Re: Forum upgrade
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 02:12:49 PM »
Well, a suggestion that i've seen implemented in other forums would be a way to track the posts you've made either as the threads you've created and the posts you've made in other threads... this is a function that i have gotten used to in other forum systems (mainly they use the vBullitin software afaik) which helps me track down what i've posted so that i can keep tabs on things much more easily, especially for threads like when i'm discussing my game, youtube videos and other things like that.

other than that, all it's going to take from me is a bit of time to become familiar... i'm not a "change is bad" kinda person but the new look did kinda throw me off a little bit when i first saw it. :P

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 06:28:40 AM »
Hi,

there is few things that I would like to get:

-- ability to list ALL unread messages, not just the one from my last visits, It's very difficult to keep track of unread messages currently ( when I really try to read them all)
[EDIT] that's actually possible, when there is nothing leftin the unread pages, there is a subtle link to show them all.. not obvious but it's there.

-- ability to mark messages as favorite, or simply tag them, so that I can get organized into my pending list of things to answers and do. Currently, I save links and stuff, but that's working very well... :)

bye,

Jean
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 01:10:01 AM by jeanfabre »

doppelmonster

• Grinder Games
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 12:53:54 PM »
+1 for a "my replies/topics" Menu entry. Its really hard to find something again you have written yourself.

Also an advanced search would be great. Search by member and find topics with attachments would be supercool.

Oh and favorite tagging like, jean said, would be also superb.

Just another hint: i often have better search results by using google than the internal search engine....

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2013, 01:01:29 PM »
You can click a profile, then Profile Info, then Show Posts, then hit With Attachments and youll see all of their attachments.
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

doppelmonster

• Grinder Games
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2013, 01:12:39 PM »
Great! thanks for the advise!