playMaker

Author Topic: Any hope for Google Play Games Services integration?  (Read 3071 times)

MABManZ

• 1.2 Beta
    • MABManZ.com
Any hope for Google Play Games Services integration?
« on: June 14, 2013, 03:20:31 AM »
Or at least collaboration with other plugins like you guys did with Photon and NGUI? I'm going nuts thinking I can implement multiplayer, leaderboards, cloud saves, and achievements using this but my coding/scripting skills are not up to par, my project is fairly complex but it's all running through Playmaker FSMs. I know basic programming but never tried anything serious with it, I find Playmaker to be a godsend and I can pretty much create anything with it.

Any hopes of holding out hope for easy integration for GPG to Playmaker? Or will I just have to knuckle down and learn some real scripting to figure it out myself?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Any hope for Google Play Games Services integration?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 01:18:38 AM »
Hi,

The number of  plugins to port is getting quite difficult to manage as part of the wiki. Many Publishers are already taking part of this and start handling playmaker actions and bridges themselves. It make sense.

Do you have a plugin on the asset store that you think would be usable for you? I searched for "google play" int he asset store and there are a lot of different solution. have you studied them? It's likely the right path to take: pick a plugin that fits your need and we'll see how we can integrate it within playmaker. If in doubt, let me know and I can also get in touch with a particular publisher to verify feasibility and how we can work together to get things done on that front.

If you are in tight deadline, pm me to arrange something, full credits to members that funds playmaker custom actions developement.

Also, I do encourage you to dive into this. custom actions development is not difficult, as you simply pick snippets form here and there ( within the official actions or on this forum). I never write anything from scratch, the issue is time, as generally such plugins requires heavy testing, we can' really provide something half tested... so this is where it starts to become costly. you can do that you have a project to test it on. I could give you an initial push, with few typicaly actions, or the hard ones at least.

bye,

Jean

MABManZ

• 1.2 Beta
    • MABManZ.com
Re: Any hope for Google Play Games Services integration?
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 07:20:41 AM »
Thanks for the response, unfortunately I'm still knee deep in the core development to and right now have no idea what integrating GPG requires in a project. These are only features I see are now available and likely a route I will try to explorer in the future when I have my core game complete.

I am most interested in the P2P multiplayer it will have available (Riptide GP 2 demo'd it during Google I/O last month)

Although I know Riptide GP is not made with Unity but the service integration would be similar.

Currently there is a free plugin at https://github.com/faizann/UnityGPGPlugin for free that includes leaderboards, sign-in, achievements, and cloud saves. But again all of these is completely over my head at the moment and I wouldn't know the first thing about using it (also why I use Playmaker rather than write code, haha)