playMaker

Author Topic: Global Variables not shown in Global Variable Editor  (Read 4524 times)

g0ody

• Playmaker Newbie
Global Variables not shown in Global Variable Editor
« on: June 12, 2013, 08:42:34 AM »
The Global Variables are not shown anymore, after unity compiles because of script changes, while the playmaker window ist open.
The Inspector of the PlaymakerGlobalAssets shows all the Variables, as long as i dont change anything. If I do all my variables are lost.

To fix that i always have to export and import the global variables after script compilation
or close the playmaker window before, i change something in a script.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Global Variables not shown in Global Variable Editor
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 01:41:38 AM »
Hi,

Have you reported this using the bug report from the playmaker/tools/ menu? this will help keeping track of this.

bye,

Jean

tobywoolley

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 05:23:18 AM »
I think I'm having the same issue. For me, as soon as I hit apply on the prefab, variable A is renamed to the same name as variable B and links are broken in my actions. I've just tried creating a THIRD variable with a totally different name. When I hit apply it renames variable B to the new one and breaks the links.

I can't find any kind of work around for it and my game is broken!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 05:38:17 AM »
Hi,

Make sure you file this using the bug report tool ( PlayMaker/tools menu), this way Alex is properly informed about this and can handle this issue for the next release.

bye,

Jean

tobywoolley

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 07:19:46 AM »
I believe this issue is already captured in 731. I meant to post my comment in this thread: http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=3861.0

I cannot get around this issue currently. Any ideas for a quick, dirty fix would be greatly appreciated!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2013, 02:24:01 AM »
Hi,

make a copy of your project and on the copy try the following:

1: open the scene with your instanced prefab.
2: delete the prefab itself
3: drag the instance ( now howing in red cause it lost it's prefab reference) back into the project assets

Does that help?

Also, try to export your prefab, and work on it in a clean project, and export it back, it may reset things properly. Also try to reimport ALL assets from Unity Assets menu.

bye,

Jean

FritsLyn

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2013, 06:46:39 AM »
Short answer: No. :)

Visual drawings of actions are stable. Below things are a mess: From event names, variables, links to other prefabs, and even (as shown in a video in the other tread) when working on an action, right clicking, choosing "FINISHED", instantly something else is put in the place..

Things appear to be really random, something is "out of sync".

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2013, 09:01:09 AM »
Hi,

Alex mentionned something about having the global window browser open or closes, have you tried both ways? it seems to be related.

Bye,

Jean

FritsLyn

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2013, 10:56:50 AM »
Short answer: Yes :)

Something is bad under the hood ;)

Sorry for the poor quality, but all you have to notice is that there is either a link to a prefab in there, or a missing link:

This kind of behavior started around the same time as I noticed how the variables are a mess. I do of course not know for sure that it is the same bug, but everything related to globals and prefabs is a mess - it has gotten it's own life after the latest update (1.6.2.f3)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 11:09:56 AM by FritsLyn »