playMaker

Author Topic: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object iTw  (Read 5206 times)

FritsLyn

I will submit this as a bug if it's a bug - I am not sure if it's just me. This is what I do:

* Fresh new unity project.

* Create an empty game object that runs 10 times in a loop. Each time, it's creating a game object copy from a PreFab, at a random spot. No problem. 10 cubes spread around.

* Editing the PreFab, and give it an untouched iTween MoveTo.

All works fine, all prefabs moves to 0,0,0 as expected, but the Console is giving me the warning:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
iTween.LateUpdate () (at Assets/iTween/iTween.cs:6589)

- and it keeps on adding that error to the console, one and on, also after all is done.

FritsLyn

O..K..?!
After opening another project (and I do stress that before this I was ALSO opening a fresh Unity) - another project in which I was sure this error was NOT generated.. now it works..

There must be some files cached somewhere strangely.. Several tests showed same bug, opening, closing, re-installing playmaker etc.. but now it is no longer there..?!

Is iTween saving a file somewhere that I should know of or something?

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
Not sure what it is but I don't get any warnings.

Maybe post the scene?
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

FritsLyn

Not sure what it is but I don't get any warnings.

Maybe post the scene?

Thanks - but as written in my later comment, nor do I. But I promise you that I got it over and over, when ever I spawned iTween objects.

And on new projects started with and without Playmaker.

Only when I opened another file that I was sure did exactly that spawning, did it work.

And after that, all my other test files that did not use to work, now worked.

I guess iTween must save something outside the Assets folder somehow, it's the only logic I can see.

Cheers

BitMorsel

• Playmaker Newbie
Im having this same problem, my project wont run because a null reference exception on line 6589 of itween.cs.  Anyone know how to fix this?
Follow me @Bitmorsel