playMaker

Author Topic: Emulating keyboard/mouse input with mobile joysticks  (Read 3420 times)

InterstellarGames

• Playmaker Newbie
Emulating keyboard/mouse input with mobile joysticks
« on: July 14, 2011, 06:42:33 PM »
Is there an easier way to setup iphone joysticks on an existing mouse&keyboard input project? Meaning, a pseudo method by using Playmaker ?
Using the joysticks that come with unitys standard assets(mobile),

Instead of changing the input scripts to iphone joysticks, instead, you would be able to use both the mouse AND joysticks,
simply by assigning the mouse X and mouse Y axis to one joystick. Then on the other you can assign the move keys, W A S D to the up left rite down of the joystick. And of course the angles.

I just can't figure out how to emulate keyboard keys / mouse. Is it even possible to do a task like this, even with something basic such as, press a gui button and make unity think that you pressed a keyboard key "w" ?

I can literally use my iphone keyboard to move around as I would on a normal pc game, as long as the player settings> graphics level is set to openGL 2.0
So it seems the input runs fine, not even any slower on mobile, we should be able to emulate keys / mouse input!

This would be so much easier than re scripting the input for every project. I would even pay for this if someone has accomplished it with playmaker or wants to give it a try, unless you want to contribute to the community because I know a lot of people will benefit from this!