playMaker

Author Topic: Moving Parts on a Sideways Capsule (Submarine)[SOLVED]  (Read 3062 times)

pdunton

• Playmaker Newbie
Moving Parts on a Sideways Capsule (Submarine)[SOLVED]
« on: July 20, 2013, 07:09:43 PM »
Hi,  I am making a bunch of FPC Submarines and I want to make thier parts move. (Propellers, Periscopes ect.)  The problem is, that the parts are a child of the Hull, which is a sideways Capsule, or are sideways themselves and when i try to use iTween Rotate to, they end up turning really wierdly and wrong.  To be more specific, I cant get them to rotate like a normal Propeller.  They glitch through the sub.  I have looked at the Space option Self, but no change.  If you have an idea, tell me, or ask me to attach the subs so you can do it.  Thanks!!!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 05:38:18 PM by jeanfabre »

escpodgames

• Assets
Re: Moving Parts on a Sideways Capsule (Submarine)
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2013, 09:43:34 PM »
Why are you using iTween? Why not just set the rotation everyframe? What controls do you need? Speed? Direction?

pdunton

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2013, 10:38:21 PM »
Im kinda new to Playmaker, and have no idea what you are talking about. Sorry!  But i will check those things out.

KozTheBoss

• You dont fail unless you give up trying to succeed
    • Pixel Life - portfolio
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 07:23:42 AM »
Hi! It sounds weird that they would do this - you say you have tried changing the space parameter to its local rotation axis instead of world?

I would, as suggested above, use rotate and use every frame for it instead of using Itween.

This shouldn't be too hard to achieve - simply make the propeller rotate at a certain speed every frame in it's local axis should do the trick
Remember, you don't fail unless you give up trying to succeed!

pdunton

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2013, 10:28:16 PM »
Okay Everybody,  I am new to Playmaker so i don't really know what action this is.  I am currently messing with Set Rotation.  The FSM is on the Propeller and the object set to self.  When I enter the scene and select the propeller, the little compass in the corner says i should rotate it along the Z axis, but on the object, the green arrow, which represents the Y axis, is pointing in the compass's Z.  And the Z pointing downward on the compass's Y.  So do I rotate it along Z or Y?  Also when i start the game the propeller looks a little off, but is not rotating constantly.  I will attatch the basic sub, The GreenSub.  Propeller5 is a child of the FinalSubmarine, Which is a child of Greensub.  I want the propeller to spin.  Feel free to try.  And possibly in the future if i can understand this, I might try to make it spin only when the sub is moving.  Perhaps....
Thanks!  (And sorry for being a dunce)

pdunton

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2013, 10:29:28 PM »
Forgot to attach the Sub.
Thanks!

pdunton

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2013, 10:38:18 PM »
Weird Bug with the sub not moving.  Forget the attachment, becuase..... ;D  I found out that it is Rotate not set rotation!!!!!  Problem solved!!!  Anybody has an idea to make it spin when the sub is moving?  It moves by ASDW, and I think it would be cool if while W is held down, spin one way, and when S is down, spin the opposite way!!!!!!  So I solved the main problem, and now I guess i changed this to make the propeller spin left when W is down and right when S is down.  (Or vice versa)
Thanks!
And sorry!

pdunton

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2013, 11:28:57 PM »
I am sorry to kinda do all the talking, but i have just set it up and helped myself.  The propellers turn forward and backward or not at all using some Get Key Down and Up. So to summarize,  I deem this problem SOLVED!!!  Thanks to everyone who helped.  If anyone would like to know how i did this just ask on this forum.
Thanks!