playMaker

Author Topic: rename all class extensions that ship with playMaker  (Read 3392 times)

Jake

• Junior Playmaker
    • Fluffy Underware
rename all class extensions that ship with playMaker
« on: July 24, 2013, 07:11:13 AM »
Hi,

please, please rename all class extension in a way that they can be identified as being part of playMaker, e.g. rename Vector3.AlmostEquals to Vector3.pmAlmostEquals.

It's a pain to code some stuff and notice later on that you've used methods not part of the base Unity libraries. Marking them to be part of playMaker (minimum is a proper Intellisense documentation, renaming is better, both is best!) really helps and is a good and friendly coding style.

To smooth the changes for users you could flag the old extensions as obsolute and remove them one or two versions later.

Jake

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: rename all class extensions that ship with playMaker
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 10:18:57 AM »
Are you sure that's a Playmaker class extension? I'll double check, but that doesn't seem familiar.

I know we use Rect extensions, but they're in the HutongGames.Extensions namespace, so you'd have to use that to see them...

If we find any errant extensions I'll add them to the HutongGames.Extensions namespace.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 10:43:38 AM by Alex Chouls »

Jake

• Junior Playmaker
    • Fluffy Underware
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 02:55:50 AM »
Hmm, somehow AlmostEquals is gone now. Maybe it was there with 1.6.0, being part of iTween or else? I'm 100% sure I've used it in a project with just my own code and playMaker, and I didn't wrote that extension myself.

Strange, but good to know you're extensions are in a namespace!

Jake

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 06:02:20 AM »
Hi,

almostEqual() of Vector3 is part of photon extensions. So if you have photon you have this, if you delete photon folder, then it's gone. It's not actually linked to playmaker.

bye,

Jean