playMaker

Author Topic: Help On Character Animation Sript...Get to the camera.  (Read 1660 times)

nabilfx

Help On Character Animation Sript...Get to the camera.
« on: July 22, 2013, 07:08:18 PM »
I have the character jumping to a certain distance already done in Maya.
I need to  script (transform.parent to the Camera)  to work on time he jumps and hold on the Camera for 2 seconds, and then (transform.parent to the image target) it to the original position, by the time he returns (jump back).

On frame 0 - 20 is parent child to the image target.

From frame 21 to 30 he jumps to the Camera, like if he's hold on over the Iphone camera, the parent child need to be on the Camera.

Stay holding 2 seconds from 31 to 90 frame.

From frame 91 - 100, it jumps back and parent child to the image target again.

I need to script like a Magnet, to atract the character at the moment of the jump to the camera. Them stay hold to the camera, until the character jump back.

Understand?

Help please.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Help On Character Animation Sript...Get to the camera.
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 05:26:07 AM »
hi,

for this, you will need to have your jump animation to be "in place", and animate the position programatically, because the AR camera will always be different AND moving so you can't rely on pre made animation position, only the character arm and pose should be there for this case.

so, trigger your in place jump anim, and at the same time, animate your chracter gameobject to move toward a dummy game object that you have attached to the AR camera,

for this use the action "Move Towards" AND set the finish distance to 0 to always catch up during the sequence.

bye,

Jean