playMaker

Author Topic: Breakpoints don't work  (Read 3750 times)

Laralyn

• Playmaker Newbie
Breakpoints don't work
« on: July 23, 2013, 11:37:40 AM »
I have a couple different state machines that effectively do the same thing. They go through a couple loops to set up a 10x10 array of cubes in the scene.

If I put breakpoints anywhere in the loop except the very first state, they are bypassed and don't fire. I know the states are getting traffic through them, because I end up in the terminal state with all the variables set correctly (I can see in the debug readout). It just doesn't break when it reaches those states.

If I set the breakpoint on the very first state (the one linked to START), then it breaks correctly... but I have to step through the entire loop to get down the chain to the state I actually want to debug.

Is this normal behavior or is it a bug?

Thanks!

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: Breakpoints don't work
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 12:47:49 PM »
It could be a bug. What version of Playmaker are you're using?
Main Menu > PlayMaker > About PlayMaker...

Laralyn

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 05:08:31 PM »
I just tried in Windows with a fresh install of Unity 4.2 and PlayMaker 1.6.2f3, and it is still happening. Earlier when I first encountered the problem, it was on the Mac and I'm not sure what version of PlayMaker (but I'll check next time I boot back over).

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 05:39:56 PM »
Can you submit a bug so we can track the issue:
Main Menu > PlayMaker > Tools > Submit Bug Report

Then when you get an email link to the bug, it would be awesome if you could attach a small repro project so we can quickly confirm the bug (and then the fix!).

Thanks!!

Laralyn

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 06:22:10 PM »
OK, it's Case 767 and I'm emailing a project file now. Thanks!

Laralyn

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2013, 09:06:27 AM »
Pinging on this again, since I have a couple complex loops and not being able to break at a late step is driving me nuts. :-)

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2013, 09:17:10 AM »
We're just wrapping up the 1.6.3 update and support for Windows Phone 8, Windows Store Apps, and Blackberry. It's too late to make changes to 1.6.3, but it should be submitted today, then the next beta will start. I'll send you an invite to the beta so you can get a fix as quickly as possible!

Laralyn

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2013, 10:03:18 AM »
Awesome--thank you!

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2013, 09:03:28 PM »
Just to follow up on this for others having the same problem: Laralyn provided a nice repro project, and there is a problem if the loop states are entered from the start state. The workaround is to put a breakpoint on the start state. This will let you step through the loop, stopping at all breakpoints.