playMaker

Author Topic: Cut action  (Read 3652 times)

Laralyn

• Playmaker Newbie
Cut action
« on: July 28, 2013, 11:39:51 AM »
It would be super handy to have the option to cut selected actions along with copy. I often find that I create a set of actions in a state, then realize later that I need to take a subset of the actions and put them into a separate state (since they're used by multiple FSMs in the project). Right now, I have to copy the actions from the old state, paste them into the new state, then remember to go back and delete them from the old state. That can be a little tricky or error prone if the states have a lot of very similar actions, like a lot of variable settings or array checks--you have to compare the individual actions in detail to make sure you're deleting the states you previously copied and pasted, and not ones you want to keep.

If we could cut and paste actions rather than just copying them, it would reduce this to one step.

Thanks!

derkoi

Re: Cut action
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 11:42:59 AM »
Agreed. I was just going to request a cut action, I'm always moving actions around in states and need to remove the old action when copying all the time.

Make it so Mr Chouls. :)

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 02:33:26 PM »
I can do that :)

A shortcut in the meantime: Delete will delete the selected actions. So you could select, copy, delete, paste to new state.

But, yeah, Cut would be nice ;)

derkoi

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 02:38:16 PM »
Awesome. Thanks!  8)