playMaker

Author Topic: Is development on android the same has IOS?  (Read 4669 times)

Gordinho

• Playmaker Newbie
Is development on android the same has IOS?
« on: August 03, 2013, 08:14:20 AM »
Hello,
I would like to ask android developers who use playmaker their opinion about the differences with android and IOS. I read on the web that for a developer to try his game on a android device, he doesn't need google´s license, its straight forward, not like IOS that to do this you need the cursed license. Can those videos that Hutong has on youtube about IOS development work with android development?. Are there any tutorials out there that teaches on how to work with android and playmaker?. I hope someone can help me because despite having an iphone Im thinking on buying the new nexus 7 to start making something but I will only go for it depending on the answers of you guys.
Thanks.

Meathead

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Is development on android the same has IOS?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 10:17:04 AM »
From my experience the tutorials for ios dont really work well with android, but the sample scenes that come with Unity are a good start. I also have been wondering if playmaker will do tutorials for android. And for the google thing yes you can deploy straight to your phone which I love! :)

VectorF22

• Junior Playmaker
Re: Is development on android the same has IOS?
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 05:59:19 PM »
I love working on android. It's a hell of a lot easier and cheaper to get into than IOS... Perfect for any indie developer!! I couldn't recommend it highly enough. Though, that being said, because of how open the android system is, its extremely easy for people to pirate your game.

http://www.edge-online.com/news/lucky-frames-gentlemen-on-android-eight-sold-2462-pirated/