playMaker

Author Topic: how to set a effect when get coins  (Read 5155 times)

xhidnoda

how to set a effect when get coins
« on: May 02, 2013, 04:55:45 PM »
Hi!
I development a game where the player eat or get the coins, and when do that try to set a effect like any game.
See the picture? the stars-effect when eat coins? this is exacly what i need.
Any help? THASK!!!

Dev_Sebas

• 1.2 Beta
    • Blog
Re: how to set a effect when get coins
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 06:17:41 AM »
On coin FSM (in destroy state add create object action ) then you just need to create a good particle effect like that one.
Cheers
Seb

courtneyrocks

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: how to set a effect when get coins
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 02:55:34 AM »
For these kinds of things I like to create separate objects for each purpose and bundle these under a master controller object.

Make an empty game object and call it something like COIN MASTER. Bring an animated coin mesh into the project, label it something like COIN MESH, and make it a child of the master object. Then create an empty game object, call it PARTICLES, add a particles component to it, tweak till the effect looks good and put this object as a child of the master game object. Have the coin animating and then when the moving object hits the master object collider an FSM on the master object would deactivate the spinning coin and activate the particles object which would let off a pulse of particle sprites. Once the object is finished with you could either destroy it or deactivate it and move it off screen

Once I had this was working I would make the master object a prefab.

Chur,
C