playMaker

Author Topic: How to only disable parent? (Active Game Object Action)  (Read 1741 times)

Silicon Power

How to only disable parent? (Active Game Object Action)
« on: April 22, 2016, 04:01:18 PM »
Hi guys, I need to disable only a parent and not its children! so I used  Active Game Object action but it's not work! can someone please help? thanks

Zeldag

Re: How to only disable parent? (Active Game Object Action)
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2016, 04:39:20 PM »
Hi and welcome to the forum!

It is my understanding that you are trying to achieve the impossible. If the parent is deactivated, it takes the child with it. The child can still be enabled or disabled and this dictates what state it will be in when the parent is enabled, but as long as the parent is disabled so is the child, in my somewhat limited experience.

What is your end goal, (gameplay element wise and generally or something) that you are trying to achieve and is there any specific reasons why you are trying to do it this way? I can try to help figure out a work around so you achieve the desired end effect.

Good luck with it!

Silicon Power

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2016, 05:14:19 AM »
Thanks for reply. I have an Rigid Body component on my parent object and need to freeze X.Y.Z position and unfreeze it again but can't do that! because of that I need to disable whole game object but this game object is a parent with lots of game object under it.

If only I could find a way to disable and Enable rigidbody X.Y.Z position that would solve my issue.

Silicon Power

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2016, 05:31:44 AM »
I find this thread and it solved my problem! Thank a lot

http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=1888.0