playMaker

Author Topic: Noob-moment: When the answer is staring you right in the face (System events)  (Read 1465 times)

Red

https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W128

Yeah, like an idiot I have been trying to find ways to do a lot of these things with actions and though the Trigger events I was familiar with as well as the whole "there are some events hard-coded into Playmaker that have their own behaviours" thing... like a dummy I never actually read the help files on them until today.

So, I'm posting this here because I'm sure there are a good deal of questions on how to do things that this could solve quite readily. It is a RTFM moment to be sure and I feel really silly not having read this before now (since i've been using Playmaker for close to two years now.)

Of particular note, the "Mouse Over" event is of particular interest... because it will work on objects and GUI objects. Going to do a quick little test to see if this applies to NGUI objects also or if it's just the native Unity/Playmaker GUI items. I'll post back when I know more. (Edit: nope. NGUI objects don't seem to trigger the mouse over.)

But until then, take a look-see at this and see if you can find use for it. It seems like it'd be very useful to at the very least know what strengths and limitations these events have going for them.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 09:16:12 PM by Red »