playMaker

Author Topic: In Game modifiers  (Read 1939 times)

darrkbeast

• Playmaker Newbie
In Game modifiers
« on: August 21, 2013, 10:42:47 PM »
I'm relatively new to playmaker, but have found it a great tool to have. I have been working with playmaker for over 6 months now, on and off. I just started a small project by myself and for the most part I can find all the answers on the forum except this one. What I really would like to do is allow the player to modify some variables in game. The game is a business simulator, you have workers and jobs. What I'm trying to do is allow the player to change the amount of pay a worker gets to a number ( float value ) they choose. Also allow the player to set caps on things, stuff like that. Now I have NGUI so I use that for my GUI. Other than playmaker I have 0 coding knowledge. If this is on the forum and I missed it, i'm sorry I probably typed in the wrong search phrase. Any help would be great, thanks.

escpodgames

• Assets
Re: In Game modifiers
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 10:53:16 PM »
Hi,

Ignoring Ngui specifics (haven't used it) its rather easy -

Setting the float variable would be a UI slider or number input!? this just sets the float via (set float action) the clamp would be the same UI slider or button that will set the float clamp value. (float clamp action)

If you aren't setting a clamp initially you may need to check if the player has set one and then move into a state that is clamped.

darrkbeast

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: In Game modifiers
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 05:50:58 PM »
Ok I think I understand. Now that you say it, it becomes pretty clear that it won't be hard to do. I tend to overthink things. I think I will start off with a slider, just to limit how much of a change they can make. I do have a float clamp in place from start so I think I will be good with that. I will get to work on this now, see if I can create what I have in my head now thanks to you. Thanks again.