playMaker

Author Topic: Touch Rotation on object  (Read 2577 times)

sharp1959

• Playmaker Newbie
Touch Rotation on object
« on: September 21, 2013, 06:03:56 PM »
Hello everyone,  also want to add this is my first post here, and love using playmaker it's very easy and powerful. :)

But, saying that I have been trying to rotate with touch on ipad...

Example Scene: To rotate a cylinder object rotated 90 degrees (on x axis) so the y axis is facing the camera ( now we are looking at a 3d scene, of the top of the cylinder) much like a ....on and off knob on a radio or volume knob...and would like to rotate just like a volume knob using touch object...

I have the cylinder rotating with double tap slide finger left or right ...now...
what I would like to do is ...: double tap object and rotate finger in circlular motion
on object....to look and feel as if I was rotating the knob....or object...to the left or right...(cylinder in this case).

You see this in a quite a few games out there in puzzles, knobs, unscrewing lids on jars, etc...

The college math books...have since faded away...and my math skills really need
the honing stone...it's been quite some time...(old guy..:) )..or it just maybe a
cerebral cortex malfunction... ;)

If anyone has a idea to throw at me...I would appreciate the help and look forward to helping others along the way when I can...Playmaker is fun and easy
to use and with so many...actions...I may have just missed the one or two...or
three...I need... I'll keep looking and trying tho....;)

Larry
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 06:17:04 PM by sharp1959 »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Touch Rotation on object
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 01:58:02 AM »
Hi,

Have you studied look at actions?

find out the position of the mouse on the rotation plane of that object, and then have that object looking at that position.

use the following system as a starting point

http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=272.msg1087#msg1087

bye,

Jean