playMaker

Author Topic: State Jump[SOLVED]  (Read 15475 times)

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta
Re: State Jump
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2011, 10:44:56 AM »
What is your set up for your camera? Do you have a character or just a camera view that moves around?

Q

Dev_Sebas

• 1.2 Beta
    • Blog
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2011, 05:46:22 PM »
It´s for just a simple FPS (character).
Bye

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2011, 04:35:41 PM »
Well i assume that that means that you are just using a camera to move around and you dont see the character.. I am also not huge into games but that is what FPS would mean to me..

So i tried a few things and if you adjust the Character Controller Height then your object or camera will get a new centre reference but if you adjust too fast it might fall through your floor which would be very bad.. So i think maybe for ducking you should just keep your camera as a child of another object with the Character Controller on it.. That way it will follow it everywhere and react to it etc.. but you can easily adjust the Y axis using iTween actions or something separately. I did not try that but it seems to make sense to me.

Q

Dev_Sebas

• 1.2 Beta
    • Blog
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2011, 06:31:12 PM »
I only see the arms and legs.
Hum... I see Ok I have my capsule (player) with a Character Controller. And have a camera child of capsule (player). But only capsule (player) go down with Character Controller Settings camera don´t.
You say with a iTween ... ok like at ? I am not good with iTweens. Can you help me ?
And look, a FPS for me is ... you can watch a small movie like Crysis or FarCry or Call Of Duty.
Bye

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2011, 01:06:46 AM »
So what are you changing to get your character to go down with the Character Controller Settings?

If your camera is a child then if you put an action on your camera to iTween Move By (y -1 or something0) then it should work. When you trigger your Character to Squat or duck or what ever you are doing just trigger the Event on your camera to move down.. Your camera is not moving down because the actual position of your Character is not changing.. just the settings of the Character Controller.

Hope that helps

Q

Dev_Sebas

• 1.2 Beta
    • Blog
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2011, 01:37:52 PM »
Thanks a lot men!! :)
Just perfect :)
Bye

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta