playMaker

Author Topic: Get Transform - Can't Store Transform [SOLVED]  (Read 3418 times)

MrAdventure

• Playmaker Newbie
Get Transform - Can't Store Transform [SOLVED]
« on: September 05, 2013, 03:18:56 PM »
Hello all,

I'm trying to use GameObject Get Transform. I can assign a GameObject, but for the Store Transform variable, I am unable to assign any variable to it. I've created an Object variable, but it doesn't show up in the action. Just to be thorough I went through and tried it with Vector3, Quaternion, and others. Nothing is selectable.

Thanks for the help.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 03:39:47 PM by MrAdventure »

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: Get Transform - Can't Store Transform
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 08:18:54 PM »
The object variable should be of type UnityEngine.Transform

I'll add this type info to the tooltip for Object variables, to make it easier to find the required type...

MrAdventure

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 02:16:53 PM »
Ah, what a giant list of options!  Thank you!

As an interface suggestion, since this list is really long in the first layer, and again in the UnityEngine layer, is there any way to make it so I don't have to click a million times? Either click once and it starts scrolling, or use mouse wheel scroll to go down the list? 

Thanks again.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2013, 03:43:04 PM »
You should be able to use keys to navigate inside the menu. E.g., type U to select UnityEngine, then T to jump down to the Ts then up/down cursor keys and enter. So you can get around pretty quickly...

But we're are also working on a custom menu that would include a search field. So you could type "Tra" and already have UnityEngine.Transform selected... :)

We're also working on more "in place" adding of variables, so right in the Get Transform action you could add a variable and it will automatically make one of  the required type. So there would be less jumping back and forth between the State and Variables tabs, and figuring out variable types :)

MrAdventure

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Get Transform - Can't Store Transform [SOLVED]
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2013, 05:34:08 PM »
Very nice!