playMaker

Author Topic: FSM Events and Variables unavailable  (Read 2193 times)

sanderson

• Playmaker Newbie
FSM Events and Variables unavailable
« on: September 06, 2013, 01:19:45 PM »
I'm working with creating an inventory system with Arraymaker hash tables. Using a system similar to the inventory example, I have an fsm that receives events from objects being clicked on and stores them in a hash table. What's happening is after I test the program for the first time, when I select the event or variable tabs of the playmaker editor the whole editor goes blank and these errors repeatedly show up in the console.

Code: [Select]
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmVariables.GetVariable (System.String name)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmSearch.FindVariableInField (System.Type fieldType, System.Object fieldValue)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmSearch.FindVariableUsage (System.Object obj, Int32 currentDepth)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmSearch.DoSearch ()
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmSearch.Update ()
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmSearch..ctor (HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm fsm)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmSearch.GetSearch (HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm fsm)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmSearch.Update (HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm fsm)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmEditor.OnInspectorUpdate ()
FsmEditorWindow.OnInspectorUpdate () (at Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/FsmEditorWindow.cs:327)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Applications/buildAgent/work/84669f285f6a667f/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Applications/buildAgent/work/84669f285f6a667f/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:232)
System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at /Applications/buildAgent/work/84669f285f6a667f/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MethodBase.cs:115)
UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName, System.Object obj)
UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName)
UnityEditor.HostView.OnInspectorUpdate ()

Has this problem ever showed up before?

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: FSM Events and Variables unavailable
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 01:47:52 PM »
I haven't seen this before... Please submit a bug report (there's a sticky topic with details). If you can include a small project that would be ideal! Thanks!