playMaker

Author Topic: Playmaker Get Fsm State not updating target to get state from in runtime  (Read 361 times)

Ranbul

• Playmaker Newbie
Hello, first post here, but I'm so stumped I could use some help.
I have a scene where five game objects with playmakerFSMs on run around and randomly do things. If two or more of them go idle, there is a manager for these game objects that randomly decides if two randomly chosen game objects out of the five compete in a race.

If they get chosen, the get sent a signal and move to the race location.
Another FSM (the race manager) gets the two chosen game objects from the manager, and then check their state through the get fsm state action. If both are in the "ready to race" state, they can start the race and see who wins.

This all works fine and dandy, no issues. The problem arises, that when the first pair of racers is done racing and return to their usual activities, and a new set of racers gets chosen, that the Get Fsm State action doesn't properly update.

When checking the variables, the variables meant to indicate the two game objects chosen to race gets properly updated. Despite this, Get Fsm State only shows the state of the first game objects that raced since starting the scene.

Does anyone have any ideas or clues that could help me forward?

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Hi.
Instead of Get Fsm State, try using Get Fsm Bool and set a bool variable to true/false when ready to race on the target fsm.

if that did not help, can you show some images/video of your setup