playMaker

Author Topic: Feature request: smart comment box width  (Read 2233 times)

ryf9059

Feature request: smart comment box width
« on: September 09, 2013, 01:37:10 PM »
I usually write comment under states about what I do so I don't forget things. But I find that the comment will stretch the length of the state name box, makes everything long rectangle and I don't really like that. I want those boxes to be narrower so I can fit more things in the horizontal.

Image example, as you can see those box gets really wide and affect my layout style.

Can playmaker implement a resize function so I can resize the box as long as it doesn't get shorter than the text itself (with a little margin/padding is cool too)?

Thanks in advance!

ryf9059

Re: Feature request: smart comment box width
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 01:31:51 PM »
Bump?

Any plans?

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 03:16:16 PM »
We probably won't do a per-state resize since that would involve storing more info with each FSM and more UI. Maybe instead we can do a global editor preference: Compact Comments. This would prevent comments from expanding the state size.

Would that suffice?

We also plan to implement arbitrary notes on the canvas that you will be able to position and resize... Maybe that will take some pressure off the state comments...

ryf9059

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 04:23:27 PM »
We probably won't do a per-state resize since that would involve storing more info with each FSM and more UI. Maybe instead we can do a global editor preference: Compact Comments. This would prevent comments from expanding the state size.

Would that suffice?

We also plan to implement arbitrary notes on the canvas that you will be able to position and resize... Maybe that will take some pressure off the state comments...

That will absolutely do the job! Any plan for future releases?