playMaker

Author Topic: uniform movement [SOLVED]  (Read 6092 times)

pjrm1470

• Playmaker Newbie
uniform movement [SOLVED]
« on: September 18, 2013, 04:27:50 PM »
I was wondering, How to build it to increasy speed like an engine?
Starting slow and increasy speed time by time until it get to the top speed.

Best regards,
PJRM.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 02:43:48 PM by pjrm1470 »

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
Re: uniform movement
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 04:29:23 PM »
Super easy. A Float is controlling the amount of power, so just use Float Add to increase it and Float Clamp to set a min/max value.
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

pjrm1470

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 06:29:17 PM »
Super easy. A Float is controlling the amount of power, so just use Float Add to increase it and Float Clamp to set a min/max value.
Correct me if I got it wrong:
So i have to set a proportion of 0 - 1 in the value of min and max speed based on the proportion of my variable value, right?

Best regards,
PJRM

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 06:52:37 PM »
Ah so you're looking for acceleration?

If so then you could use a float to represent the position of the motor between the minimum speed and the maximum and use that as a multiplier for the actual power output. So between 0 - 1 like you're saying.

In the input settings you can define the rate of increase/decrease for an input axis to somewhat control acceleration and use Get Axis to grab it, but this method won't scale with the project very well if you intend to control acceleration more precisely.

I haven't considered Acceleration much, really. It's something I'll get into soon.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 06:54:33 PM by Lane »
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

pjrm1470

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2013, 08:00:15 PM »
Ah so you're looking for acceleration?

If so then you could use a float to represent the position of the motor between the minimum speed and the maximum and use that as a multiplier for the actual power output. So between 0 - 1 like you're saying.

In the input settings you can define the rate of increase/decrease for an input axis to somewhat control acceleration and use Get Axis to grab it, but this method won't scale with the project very well if you intend to control acceleration more precisely.

I haven't considered Acceleration much, really. It's something I'll get into soon.
YA. I forgot about the sensitivity property. This should work fine for my project, although soon i'll need to build a acceleration control very precisely for a racing game.

thank you so much.
Best regards,
PJRM