playMaker

Author Topic: New *(Solved)  (Read 1756 times)

NinjaX

• XCO is the ULTIMATE IOS Ninja!!
    • XCOGAMES
New *(Solved)
« on: October 05, 2013, 11:04:09 AM »
Hello some of the update in PM are confusing me. For instance. If i want to turn on or off and object using:

Activate Game Object

All I had to do was drag the object into the blank field. But now when I do that it asks me for Get property or set property and all this stuff ?

Why ? This is very confusing, I am trying to work with it. But Can someone help me understand what happened ? it was easier before...
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 11:39:32 AM by NinjaX »
XCO is the ULTIMATE IOS Ninja, Beware for he sees Everything and Nothing all at once!

NinjaX

• XCO is the ULTIMATE IOS Ninja!!
    • XCOGAMES
Re: New STUFF Confusing...
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 11:39:19 AM »
Ok So I guess you just choose edit instance instead... hmmm... ok. I must read up on some of these new features...
XCO is the ULTIMATE IOS Ninja, Beware for he sees Everything and Nothing all at once!

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: New STUFF Confusing...
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, 11:43:36 AM »
If you see the Get/Set Property menu it means the field cannot except the object you're trying to drag into it. Most likely you're trying to drag a scene object reference into a prefab or template, which is not allowed in unity.

The Get/Set Property menu is the fallback if the Unity does't handle the drop event - but I admit it's a little confusing in this case... If we can detect this situation, I'll add popup instead: Prefabs can't reference scene objects.