playMaker

Author Topic: ClickToMove Issues: Send Event[SOLVED]  (Read 2105 times)

johnflesh

• Playmaker Newbie
ClickToMove Issues: Send Event[SOLVED]
« on: October 07, 2013, 04:58:50 PM »
Hey guys,

I'm currently using the ClickToMove demo from the sample scenes and I'm having an issue with an error that keeps popping up due to the Send Event action in one of the states.

When I start the demo from the raw, as it was packaged, everything works fine but there is no event stated in the Send Event action. No errors.

But if I click inside that or the Set Position action above it, the error pops up and the game will no longer run as intended.

I can not save my file and reopen it, and it works. But if I click anywhere in Set Target State, I get the error. So I'm hesitant to save my work just yet, else I'll have to re-import.

The thing that has me caught up is there is no Event to select from the options when trying to set an Event. Not even the 2 Events that exist. I've tried that as well as deleting it and reinserting Send Event and setting it back up just the way it came. No go.

As a newbie to Playmaker and Unity, (also I'm an artist, not a coder) I'm scratching my head a bit. This example was working great on fresh import but messing with it and it breaks.

Is there some help that can be afforded on this one?

To test yourself you can open the example from the example scenes (if you have them) at PlaymakerSamples/TestLab/Input/ClickToMove

Thanks in advance for any help on this. This is the particular type of controller I wish to use, as well as iTween, so I figured Playmaker would be the best place to start. (top/down Diablo style controller)

« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 07:47:26 AM by jeanfabre »

johnflesh

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: ClickToMove Issues: Send Event
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 06:37:28 PM »
I guess I sort of solved this on my own and it had to do with the import to my game scene of this ClickToMove sample scene. When imported the Event MoveTo is not marked as global, thus not appearing in the Send Event list. If I open it on it's own however, the global is set to on.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 02:55:55 AM »
Hi,

Can you rephrase, I am not following.. sorry :)

bye,

Jean

johnflesh

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2013, 11:06:25 PM »
Hi Jean,

I figured this issue out. It was a problem behind my keyboard, not with playmaker, hehe. I had no idea you could share variables globally and when I import some of the playmaker demos to my already existing scene, some of the variables that are set to global are turned off. By enabling them it fixes my issues.

Thanks though!