playMaker

Author Topic: Next level menu Playmaker  (Read 1929 times)

Victor

• Playmaker Newbie
Next level menu Playmaker
« on: June 14, 2014, 04:17:19 AM »
Hi

I did a flappy bird style game. But my game is a little bit different than flappy bird. In my game there are 30 obstacles
and after finish this obstacles my game will go to the next level. I did everything until here

When my bird hits a box object. I wanna show on scene a menu (this menu includes 2 button, next level and restart)

How can i make this in playmaker?

thanks

ghost010

• Junior Playmaker
Re: Next level menu Playmaker
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2014, 04:49:54 PM »
To start off.
When the player chose the first level.save the level num(just do a add int 1 to variable as first level mostly will be num 1(unless its not in your case.give it the number it should be instead) in a variable(global).

Than what you can do is,with the next level button,add 1 to the current int storing that in the variable and than read that variable with the load level num.

Player shoces level1[this is num1 for example]>add INT 1 to variable levelnumber.

Player finished level and klicks the next button>Get variable levelnumber and add 1INT upon the existing int(1+1=2) save that in the variable.>Get levelnumber variable in the"load level num action"under "Level index"

hope this is a bit more clear xp
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 04:53:40 PM by ghost010 »

Victor

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Next level menu Playmaker
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2014, 01:43:54 AM »
thanks for your quick reply. But i didnt understand anything :( can you explain it more simple?
thanks