playMaker

Author Topic: Mecanim Navmesh using the Stealth Playmaker package?  (Read 1897 times)

Splankton

Mecanim Navmesh using the Stealth Playmaker package?
« on: October 21, 2013, 02:10:06 PM »
Would it be easy to use the Stealth Playmaker package with the Navmesh playmaker?  So I could say, have the Stealth model run to a gameobject using a Navmesh.
I dont want to control the model, just set it to run to a position, just like the Navmesh tutorial, but using the Stealth model rotation.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Mecanim Navmesh using the Stealth Playmaker package?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 02:33:31 PM »
Hi,

You can study the pathfinding example provided in the mecanim support wiki page:

https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W1031

download the package: PlayMakerAnimatorWithDemosPro.unitypackage

Ignore the "Unity pro" warning, since now Unity 4.2 free version includes Pathfinding!

bye,

Jean

Splankton

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 11:30:40 AM »
Yes thanks Jean, I have studied both the Stealth and pathfinding examples and I nearly have it working, but when I set a destination, Ethan (Stealth model) just runs forward and thats all he does.  But if I use the Locomotion Animator Controller, he rotates, runs, slows down etc until he reaches the destination.
So, how can I use the Stealth Animator Controller with the pathfinder example?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 02:29:36 AM »
Hi,

that's because you need to edit the locomotion graph, Ethan is not meant to work like that by default, you need to set up ethan just like the character used for the mecanim sample.

bye,

Jean