playMaker

Author Topic: Playmaker Platforming Starter Kit  (Read 49292 times)

Martin-Vaupell

• Junior Playmaker
  • Creating CarbonDiOxide
    • Evisystems
Re: Playmaker Platforming Starter Kit [UPDATE!]
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2013, 12:10:51 PM »

That demo is great, only thing keeping my from buying right now is 2 actions
i would need.

In this demo they would/could show as

1 - pickup/drop the heart! (pickup/dropping objects)
2 - gribbing on a platform side.
(detect platform and hold on to it while key is pressed, either climb up after 1 sec, or fall down on release)

Other than that, it looks great

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2013, 12:42:13 PM »
@ clandestine: The asset store update is still delayed for some reason. If you want to get your hands on the newest version you can send me your invoice number and I will send you the updated v1.4 package. This applies to everyone else as well.

@Loganou974: Thanks!

@ VaupellAgainNoMailReceive: Thank you for your input, I will keep these features in mind for the future.
More templates on the Unity Asset Store!

Disclosure: We are using affiliate links to our assets; we may receive a commission for purchases made through them. This helps us to continue developing and maintaining great products!

coffeeANDsoda

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2014, 11:42:52 PM »
Just to make sure, does this mean a person can take the animation included with this asset and use it with a 3D model made for it?

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2014, 10:10:34 AM »
Just to make sure, does this mean a person can take the animation included with this asset and use it with a 3D model made for it?

This uses the legacy animation system, you will have to use a 3d model that has it's own unique animations.

Disclosure: We are using affiliate links to our assets; we may receive a commission for purchases made through them. This helps us to continue developing and maintaining great products!

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2014, 01:06:14 PM »
Just letting everyone know, 1.4 has finally hit the asset store. Be sure to download the latest version to access the new features.

Thank you everyone for your support and patience!

coffeeANDsoda

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2014, 01:09:09 AM »

This uses the legacy animation system, you will have to use a 3d model that has it's own unique animations.

Does that mean you created the animation in unity or another program? If so, would it be best to use unity for creating animations like with a skeleton base animation system or would I be better animating in another program? I use blender3D to make 3d models.

Thanks.

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2014, 12:25:03 PM »

Does that mean you created the animation in unity or another program? If so, would it be best to use unity for creating animations like with a skeleton base animation system or would I be better animating in another program? I use blender3D to make 3d models.

Thanks.

Yes, basically you would have to model and animate the character all within a 3d software such as blender.

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2014, 05:13:45 PM »
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know version 1.5 just hit the asset store!

Change log:
- Basic mecanim support added.
- Numerous improvements have been made to the camera rig.
- Added Coins.
- Remaining FSMs have been fully commented and colored.
- Should no longer receive prefab error messages.
- Stuck in KillZone bug fix.
- Checkpoints now save the position of the checkpoint itself instead of the players position, this prevents respawning mid air.
- Global variables and project settings now included alongside product.

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2014, 03:15:19 PM »
Just a quick note, if anyone needs a mecanim version of the VCS mobile controller, contact me with your invoice number and I'll send you a pre-release copy. For everyone else, it will be added in the next release.

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2014, 12:41:42 PM »
Just letting users know, there is a bug with the mobile controls in the current release. When jumping on a moving platform, the player will lose the ability to jump. If anyone is experiencing this, there is a simple fix!

You will have to add a Send Event action to both the "IDLE" and "IDLE - Platform" states. Basically fill it in exactly as shown in the attached image. In case you don't know, to fill in the gameobject you need to drag and drop the "buttonJump" child gameobject from the "Prefab_VCSMobileControls" into the slot.

That will fix it, I will add this to the next update. Please let me know if you still experience any issues.

DennisJensen

« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2014, 09:24:39 AM »
I just tried the demo of the kit, not bad :)
Game Designer, CEO, Artist
http://2ndStudio.com

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2014, 01:31:41 PM »
I just tried the demo of the kit, not bad :)

Thanks Dennis!

lioncirth

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2014, 08:30:52 AM »
I was using another controller for my platform game and then used playmaker to make additional things IE enemies, score etc.

I purchased your kit some time ago so just started giving it a go.

Looking good so far :)

Quick question though;

I previously found that iTween resulted in poor FPS when doing mobile, do you know if this has been resolved?

I changed it to MoveTowards instead of iTween but If I can stick with iTween I will :)

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2014, 09:17:11 AM »
I presume you mean the platforms. Like anything, if you don't overdo it you will be fine. It depends on how many you are using at once and how long a period each is running for. If you are only using one or two at a time and disabling them when off screen, I don't think you will see any performance hit. The game I just released uses iTween for many things and you don't see any slowdown caused by it. What I don't like about MoveTowards, is the fact that it feels so stiff.

Lately I have begun using HOTween in place of iTween. It is fundamentally different in the way you integrate it, but I have found it to save a huge amount of performance on mobile. On the mobile game I just released, the main dropping of notes uses HOTween and the performance jump was very noticeable. I would recommend experimenting with that, I may be able to help if you have any questions, as I would like to switch the kit to HOTween eventually anyways.

lioncirth

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2014, 09:38:44 AM »
Hey

Great thanks!

yeah I have to agree that MoveTowards is not as smooth as I would like :)

Will look into HOTween  - thanks :)