playMaker

Author Topic: Playmaker Platforming Starter Kit  (Read 49281 times)

villaclay

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Playmaker Platforming Starter Kit [SALE!]
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2014, 09:28:34 AM »
I just purchased your kit, its really nice but I am having trouble with something. Sometimes when I jump straight into a wall, the character will stick on it until I let go of the arrow. How can I fix it?

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2014, 09:42:36 AM »
@villaclay
Select your "PlatformingController" object. Inside the Platforming Controller FSM notice the "JUMP" and "DOUBLE JUMP" states. In both of these states find the collision event 02 action. collision event 02 should be set to "on collision stay" instead of "on collision enter." This will fix your issue.
More templates on the Unity Asset Store!

Disclosure: We are using affiliate links to our assets; we may receive a commission for purchases made through them. This helps us to continue developing and maintaining great products!

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2014, 03:46:56 PM »
Just wanted to inform anyone who is interested, the platforming kit is 50% off for 24 hours on the Unity asset store!

I also have great news, a new fully featured character model is being created for this and other upcoming kits. This will allow for better mecanim integration and accommodate a wider range of requested features.

Exciting times!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 03:51:43 PM by Graham »

Disclosure: We are using affiliate links to our assets; we may receive a commission for purchases made through them. This helps us to continue developing and maintaining great products!

lioncirth

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2014, 06:30:10 AM »
nice!!

Would recommend the kit to anyone :)

Please dont remove current animation for mecanim though as thats what I use for my current project :P

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2014, 08:09:58 AM »
Thanks lioncirth! Can you please elaborate on what part exactly you would need me to keep? Are you referring to the actual animations from my character, or do you mean the implementation of them?

I will try to leave all of the old components in if necessary, but I would like to clean up a little.

lioncirth

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2014, 11:37:44 AM »
Well I previously used a kit that changed from Legacy to Mecanim

My character uses Legacy so would want that functionality to remain :)

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2015, 08:43:00 AM »
@lioncirth

I will do my best to keep the legacy version up to date.

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2015, 07:05:41 PM »
Just a little sneak peak at our steampunk hero, he'll be starring in a few upcoming kits as well as the platforming kit!

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2015, 04:26:31 PM »
Just wanted to quickly update everyone who is interested, I've started updating the Platforming kit to support Unity 5.

The good news: It should be completed very soon, the only issues I am facing are minor and mostly caused by changes to the physics engine.

The bad news: (But in a way good ;)) I am not sure if the author of Virtual Controls Suite is going to update his asset for Unity 5, as he hasn't touched the asset since 2013. So if you are using that addon, I think you may be out of luck with Unity 5.

HOWEVER! I am going to try implementing my own mobile control solution using the new Unity GUI. I think this would be great in the long run, as mobile support will no longer require a separate asset purchase!

Thank you everyone for your patience, I will let you know as soon as it's ready.

PlaymakerNOOB

« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2015, 06:46:04 PM »
Looking forward to both the Unity5 update and the updated controls!

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
Re: Playmaker Platforming Starter Kit
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2015, 02:46:58 PM »
Looking forward to both the Unity5 update and the updated controls!

I just submitted an update with full Unity 5 Support! If you are curious about the new mobile controls, here is an Android APK sample you can try out. Let me know what you think.

PlaymakerNOOB

« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2015, 08:30:05 PM »
Controls feel exactly like your asset/demo.  Love it.  Looking forward to seeing how you did it, since I made several novice attempts at 4.6 version and just went back to the GUI Texture route.

Minor nitpick here: I found that if you press on a virtual control, drag your finger off then onto a different button.. that button will trigger but not show the visual effect thats associated with being pressed.

variation of above: Press anywhere but button, then drag onto control.  Triggers, but no visual effect.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 08:32:18 PM by PlaymakerNOOB »

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2015, 08:40:45 PM »
Thanks for the feedback PlaymakerNOOB. The dragging from button to button, and from anywhere on the screen to a button is intentional. I will however have to check out the lack of visual cue, did not notice that!

PlaymakerNOOB

« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2015, 10:28:56 PM »
Yes, I know the dragging was intentional, but just trying to provide all the information for the impromptu bug report.

Any ETA for the updated release?

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2015, 05:09:04 PM »
Yes, I know the dragging was intentional, but just trying to provide all the information for the impromptu bug report.

Any ETA for the updated release?
It's difficult to know with the Asset Store, they seem to have their plate full lately with Unity 5. But since I have already submitted I would imagine within a week it should be live. Then shortly after that there will be another update with a few more minor bug fixes and mobile tweaks which I am almost ready to submit.