PlayMaker Feedback > Action Requests

Send Event to parent's children (siblings)

(1/1)

damdai:
An option to Send Event to parent's children would be useful.

Lane:
Wouldn't that just be a matter of specifying the Event Target?

damdai:
I meant to say "parent" instead of "host."

There's some dynamic stuff going on that makes it impossible to preset the target. The FSM host object has siblings that may or may not exist and don't need to know about each other. When the FSM in question talks, the siblings should listen. For now, I am storing the parent in a variable and specifying "Event Target > Game Object" that way.

Lane:
I usually just Get Parent, store it, then Send Event to that variable.

Depending on how frequently it changes, this is usually pretty simple to do at startup for that object, you could run Get Parent more frequently or find a trigger to fire it when it changes (if ever).

I really doubt it is impossible to do what you're saying, if you explain the use case a little more I'm sure we can find a way to wire it up.

bkups2003:
Send event has a "send to children" bool. I think you can only see it after you place a gameobject in the field. But there is no way to avoid the parent from receiving that event too. The only way is to make sure the parent does not use that event at all, and only the children do.

Anyway, from what i understand, the basic send event action should do what you want.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version