playMaker

Author Topic: Problem with Network/ Send Remote Event  (Read 2008 times)

tinjaw

• Playmaker Newbie
Problem with Network/ Send Remote Event
« on: March 06, 2015, 11:03:26 AM »
Unity version 5.0.0f4
Playmaker version 1.7.7.f6

When I attempt to use Network / Send Remote Event I get an error that "RPC call failed because the function 'SendRemoteFsmEventWithData' does not exist in the script attached to 'Say Hello Button'".

All I do is start a server, a client connects, a client attempts to send the remote event.

Can anybody tell me if this is a bug or if there is something I might be doing wrong to cause the error?

update: If I set the data to None, then it works. So it looks like just with data fails. Is it possible that a script is missing from this version?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 11:31:34 AM by tinjaw »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Problem with Network/ Send Remote Event
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 02:37:08 AM »
Hi,

Yes, this function has not been implemented, it's a bug, but it's in the dll.

I would strongly advise you move to Photon, as the Unity network system is going to be obsolete soon. May I ask what you are willing to achieve in your project?

Bye,

Jean

tinjaw

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 07:56:56 AM »
I want to run a local server with multiple clients. I want actions on one client to propagate to the other clients. Due to the nature of my operating environment, I must operate on a closed network. IOW I will not (can not) have an Internet connection.

I was attempting to use Unity networking because I was under the impression that Photon networking required a central server on the Internet. If that is not required by Photon, I can move to Photon networking.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2015, 09:07:48 AM »
Hi,

yep, photon requires internet. I'll investigate to see how this bug fixing is going on. It's been request many time. I'll get back to you, maybe there is a fix ( I can recall a package to fix something with the Unity networking system, but I haven't found it yet).

Bye,

Jean

tinjaw

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2015, 08:01:02 AM »
Thanks for looking into this. I greatly appreciate it.