playMaker

Author Topic: Edit Prefabs and update variable values buggy.  (Read 3947 times)

Andy22

• Junior Playmaker
Edit Prefabs and update variable values buggy.
« on: October 29, 2013, 08:20:00 AM »
Hi,

whenever i edit a prefab and try to update the default value of a string/float/int, in the "Variables" tab, i can only type one character at the time and the editor goes out of edit/type mode. This does not happen in "edit prefab instance" mode, so only in "edit prefab" mode.

Thats kinda annoying and a fix would be welcome.

I'm using Unity 4.2.2.f1 and Playmaker 1.7.5.f2

thx Andy

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Edit Prefabs and update variable values buggy.
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 08:50:09 AM »
Hi,

Yes, indeed there is a problem here. The work around while a fix is prepared is to load a scene where not instance of thet prefab exists in the scene. simply create a new scene, edit your prefab ( in your asset browser), and then you can reload the scene you where working with.

bye,

Jean

JKWater

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 06:20:13 PM »
I have just encountered this exact bug in my project. Very annoying as I have to use Find child within the prefab (so long values to type out).

Unity: 5.3.4f1
Playmaker: 1.8.2

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2016, 01:45:58 AM »
Hi,

It's odd, I can't repro this anymore. Could you make a screencast of this, maybe I am missing a steps to repro this? If we can repro, we'll get that fixed.

Bye,

Jean

JKWater

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2016, 11:58:46 AM »
I have updated to Unity 5.4.0f3 and now the problem isn't there anymore although instead it lags/delay when inputting a value when both the prefab and the prefabs instance is in the scene.
This happens on an empty scene with a prefab with multiple children, grandchildren and fsms.

After some testing I have found out the source of the problem! Canvas, I have more than one canvas within the prefab and lots of image and text components under the canvas and it seems the more canvases I add the more laggy or bigger the delay becomes in the value field.

Granted it is a very large prefab, maybe ill try and make it smaller and separate it into smaller prefabs to avoid this, although not desired.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 12:08:31 PM by JKWater »

JKWater

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2016, 12:23:28 PM »
Also on a side note is Playmaker supported with Unity 5.4.0?

I am getting these warnings when I play or compile:
Code: [Select]
OnLevelWasLoaded was found on PlayMakerFSM
This message has been deprecated and will be removed in a later version of Unity.
Add a delegate to SceneManager.sceneLoaded instead to get notifications after scene loading has completed
and
Code: [Select]
Assets/PlayMaker/Actions/CreateObject.cs(84) : Playable was not Disposed.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2016, 04:33:58 AM »
Hi,

The obsolete warning is fine, it's going to go away with the next update, but is totally harmless.

The second, I never encountered myself. When do you get that? If it's a warning it should also be harmless and should not impact your game logic.

In general yes, 5.4 is ok with PlayMaker. So let's digg more about your createObject issue.

Bye,

Jean

JKWater

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2016, 08:53:20 AM »
Ok thanks for clearing that up.
The createObject warning is gone now. I think it came up in the first compile when I updated my project to Unity 5.4. I think once I restarted Unity it went away.