playMaker

Author Topic: PlayMaker/GameAnalytics featured on Unity Blog and GameAnalytics Blog  (Read 2949 times)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Hi,

Over the last few months, we worked with GameAnalytics to provide a tight integration between the two systems so that it's really easy for PlayMaker and GameAnalytics to work together.

GameAnalytics published in its blog an article about this improved PlayMaker integration, with a quick intro video showing the basic processes and how to work it out (Don't laugh at my accent please :) it took me so may takes to get there... :o

This work we did with GameAnalytics was also featured on Unity blog today, via a very cool project called BottleNeck I have been involved with over the last few months. They interviewed Magnus from TumbleHead who's directing this project.

The game is very polished with amazing graphics, great attention to details and a very interested approach to puzzles ( ala cut the rope). I can't wait for it to go on the app store!

It's a true 100% PlayMaker game, and everything we've been working on that required custom actions were all made available back on this forum and the wiki. XmlMaker is a typical system used and further improved in BottleNeck, where all the game data and user progress is TOTALLY handled with a xml file, it reads and writes on the fly as you progress into the game using simple yet powerful xPath queries.

BottleNeck also make use of the amazing GameAnalytics service to gain the necessary insight and data to monitor the wealth of the game and how users are doing, where they struggle. This is critical to have proper analytics in your games, without it, you will always be in the blur as to how your game is being played. For example, BottleNeck is tracking how long it takes for a user to complete levels, and how many time they retry, how long it takes them to spot that there is  retry button flashing after few seconds of inactivity, etc etc. All this information can then be analysed on GameAnalytics dashboard and you can spot say a level that is too complex and should be put either down the list so that it's accessed later when the user is more experienced or actually reworked for the user to get a feel of natural progressions.

So, now you know a bit more about what's going on outside this forum ( meaning, why sometimes you have to bump me few times to get something done... ;D), and how most of the wiki content is produced and where it comes from. I feel really lucky and privileged to spend my days juggling with so many cool and challenging projects for clients and asset store publishers to finally benefit you, PlayMaker users.

Bye,

Jean

escpodgames

• Assets
Another amazing example of the amount of value you add to the playmaker product. Can't wait for Playmaker 1.8 and all of your hard work on Photon turnbased!
Keep the the awesome work!

DennisJensen

This is really great,

And bottleNeck looks nice. We are friends of tumblehead and they are making some cool stuff :)

Anyways, we tried to implement the game analytics. We get this error:

"Assets/GameAnalytics/Plugins/Playmaker/SendUserEvent.cs(76,37): error CS1501: No overload for method `NewUser' takes `17' arguments"

We use:
Unity - v4.5.1f3
PlayMaker - v1.7.7.f6 (it says 1.7.7.2 in the asset store)
GameAnalytics unity.package - v0.6.3

I tried to make sure that we use all the new version of plug ins.
Game Designer, CEO, Artist
http://2ndStudio.com

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Hi,

Cool. they are indeed incredible and so talented. I was lucky to visit them last year for a gameJam, and I had a really great time with everyone their, very nice environment for them to be creative and all.

The last GameAnalytics update introduced a small glitch unfortunately. You can find a hotfix here:

http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=7605.msg36667#msg36667

Bye,

Jean

DennisJensen

wow that was fast.

Thank you :) it works now.
Game Designer, CEO, Artist
http://2ndStudio.com