playMaker

Author Topic: how to remove the gui texture  (Read 3059 times)

ruifang

• Playmaker Newbie
how to remove the gui texture
« on: November 01, 2013, 02:54:22 AM »
Hi guys,
I am new to the playmaker and I m facing some problems now.

I wanna use 5 GUI Texture as lives, so when the character meet   "bomb" objects, the textures will disappear or be removed one by one.

My question is how to remove the GUI texture? I've spent so many hours trying many actions. And the step is like :
GUI Texture: Create a plane -> Set material texture(action) ->enable GUI(action)
Bomb: trigger event(action)->destroy(action)

Still doesnt work now :'(   

Does someonw can help me to disable the texture when the character meets an bomb object?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: how to remove the gui texture
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 03:17:41 AM »
Hi,

is it your trigger that is not working or your destroy action? a GuiTexture is a Gameobject like anything other, so destroying is really straighforward using the action "destroy", maybe you haven't set that one properly. However, you may have an issue earlier which cause your destroy action state to not be reached.

Can you double check this?

bye,

Jean

ruifang

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2013, 08:51:20 AM »
Hi Jean,
I've tried it but it still turned into that when the character trigger the event, the "send event action" is activated. The event is sent to activate the "Destroy object action " the Plane object which I had set a texture on.

But everytime when I play Start, the character even not reach to the bomb, the plane will automatically disappear or be destroyed. What can I do? Or maybe I choose the wrong action, instead of using Destroy action, should I change to "Enable GUI action" or any other one? And if so, I cant use plane object ,right?

Thank you for your patience. I feel crazy about that, sorry. :'(
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 10:48:17 AM by ruifang »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 12:26:23 AM »
Hi,

If your character is touching a trigger when starting then it will of course react. Is that not the case?

How do you define your trigger event? are you using tags or something? maybe your system reacts to any trigger and not just the bomb collider?

bye,

Jean