playMaker

Author Topic: Replacing Placeholder Assets [SOLVED]  (Read 1884 times)

Breadman

• Derp
Replacing Placeholder Assets [SOLVED]
« on: November 03, 2013, 03:34:44 PM »
Hey everyone!

I've been setting up my game and focusing heavily on programming everything with Playmaker - a lot of my assets are cubes and spheres named for what they represent.

Is there any easy way to "replace" those placeholders with the actual art asset, without re-dragging the objects into the FMS actions that reference them?

For example, I've replaced my health meter "Health 1" [just a cube] with a new 3D heart-shaped model, also named "Health 1", by deleting the cube and importing the newer model. But in order to get it working again, I have to drag the new 3D "Health 1" into all of my FSMs. It's not the biggest inconvenience in the world, but if there's some method I'm unaware of to do this automatically, that would be great, especially as I move forward with replacing more complicated assets.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 03:52:32 PM by Breadman »

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
Re: Replacing Placeholder Assets
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 03:43:04 PM »
You can target a new object in the Inspector, just click the cube and under Cube (Mesh Filter) you hit the little circle next to the Cube mesh target and find your new model you want to use. You need to update the collider(s) as well.

You could also just remove the mesh renderer and mesh filter (basically making it an empty wrapper object), then put the new object in as a child of the old cube.
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

Breadman

• Derp
Re: Replacing Placeholder Assets
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 03:52:15 PM »
Thanks for the prompt reply!

That's exactly what I needed - both options work like a charm. Can't believe I didn't notice the circle button on the mesh property. Thank you!   ;D