playMaker

Author Topic: More Networking Examples required if it is possible :)  (Read 1690 times)

cmvrgr

• Junior Playmaker
More Networking Examples required if it is possible :)
« on: November 07, 2013, 09:47:39 PM »
I show in networking demos that -The client can see the cube moved around on the server.

Can someone upload a demo that the cube can be moved either from server or client  and update at the same time either on server and client ?

Also video tutorial will be appreciated .

Regards   

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: More Networking Examples required if it is possible :)
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 01:15:59 AM »
Hi,

I am personnaly not aware of any samples doing this as to test you will need to run a server to begin with. And this is something that I never managed to achieve....

Do you have a server running? if you have and it's up indeed, pm me and we'll see what can be done.

Basically ( I think), to do this, you need to run a headless version of Unity on the server, and this headless version of unity is the one responsible for moving objects, and all instances running on each computers will be slaved by it.

If you don't have any experience with servers and networking, I strongly advies you to not even bother trying...  :P and use Photon Cloud instead.

With Photon Cloud, you can achieve this by providing one layer of abstraction for your cube networkView so that one player could contorl the cube yet, the cube is owned by another running instance. It's basically a two gameObject setup, one being the true visible Cube and who owns it is not important and the other is an empty gameobject that the one in charge of controlling that cube IS the owner, then both the cube and the controller dummy communicate together in all running instances.

bye,

Jean